Thursday, June 12, 2008

Remember me? :)


I have stopped saying that when life slows down, I will get back to blogging. I have a feeling I will never touch it again if I wait for that! Adjusting to the sudden, very unexpected death of my brother-in-law, two dear friends from our church and the son of my mother-in-law's best friend, all within a month of each other, has not been an easy road. Another dear friend (the third person in our trio) had to have surgery to fix a very messed up shoulder and has been out of commission. Seems like a long time since we got to sing. Oh, and then this week, my sister had to have a minor surgical procedure that was very stressful for both of us. But we ARE surviving!!! :)

I did want to post this card that went out to some friends from our church who are gone for a few months. Hope you are back soon, Carland and Pauline!!!!

This is a full 8 1/2" X 5 1/2" card, using all Stampin' Up! products. I stamped the bottom with the retired SU background "Fine Lace" with versamark ink and embossed it with clear EP. Then I swirled Bordering Blue classic ink. The trees from the "Lovely As A Tree" set was stamped in Old Olive craft ink and embossed with clear EP. Then I lightly sponged the edges in Bordering Blue classic ink. I layered it on Borderling Blue cardstock put it on the card. I used a piece of Bordering Blue cardstock that was ALMOST the same width as the Old Olive wide grosgrain ribbon and tied the ribbon around it, then adhered it to the card where the bottom background image stopped. I stamped a piece of Bordering Blue cardstock with the "Fine Lace" background and then used the scallop punch. I sponged a scrap piece of glossy cardstock with Old Olive classic ink and punch out a 1 1/4" circle and adhered that to the scallop. Then I stamped the Thinking of You 365 days 24-7 stamp from "Circle of Friendship" set, once in Bordering Blue classic ink and once in Old Olive classic ink, both on Whisper White cardstock. I punched the blue one with the 1" circle punch and the green one with the 1/2" circle punch, layered it all together and put it on the ribbon with dimensionals. Such an easy card. Oh, and I had everyone who was at church Sunday morning sign it before mailing it to Carland and Pauline. I sure hope they like it!

1 comment:

Su Davis said...

Sharlene - this is a really lovely card and you've insprired me to get my set out. I love the tree set, but never seem to have the right ideas. I really like the way you have stamped them in green as opposed to brown.
Su