Monday, April 2, 2007

Sissy's Workshop


My sister hosted a workshop for me last week. This is one of the cards that I demo'd. I have so much fun doing "kittie747 cards"! She is such a doll for being so willing to help people learn her techniques. One day, I will be 1/10th as good as she is, maybe! (OK, this is my last gush about her. From now on, I will just give her credit when it is due! *grin*)


Anyway, this giraffe of the Bundle of Joy set was stamped with stazon ink and watercolored with Barely Banana and Close To Cocoa ink. Then I masked it and sponged the sky with Bashful Blue and the grass with Certainly Celery. I put a thin line of Barely Banana between the two. I used the fern stamp of the Watercolor Mini set to put some texture in the grass and pulled some "blades" up with the paintbrush. The tab was punched out with the Round Tab Punch and then the sweetheart stamp of the Bundle of Joy set was stamped on it. I love the spiral punch so I had to put something on here with that, and the piece to the left is the only thing I could think of to do.


I hope you like this card. I loved doing it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OOOH I just LOVE this Sharlene! Love the sky, cheesecloth and grass...I love it all! It all looks so sweet! :D That was nice of your sister to do a workshop for you!! :D

Anonymous said...

I really like this card. I am going to bookmark you if you do not mind. I can tell your blog is going to be awesome and creative!

Lori Craig said...

this is darling, Sharlene! Love that little giraffe! :)